It's AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D! I don't understand why it's so hard to find one, but I had to wait for almost a month for it to arrive. Can't wait to try it out at Laos trip.
Thursday, November 30, 2006
Tuesday, November 21, 2006
It's been a long time since my last entry. This is a recap of what's happened during the past month.
- Annual physical exam showed lower Cholesterol level (230) than the previous year (260)--good. Garlic Pearl really helps!
- Got a new mobile phone, a Sony Ericsson. I now have a phone with large screen that plays music and can connect to the Internet--great.
- My best friend Joe got married. Wedding ceremony was held in Chainat on Nov 10th, and in Bangkok on Nov 11th. I was at both events. I'll post pictures to Flickr soon.
- Annual work rewards (aka bonus) was finally out. There're so many rumors about how much and when.
- I turned 27 last week. There's no party cause I was away for work--sad.
- Got my car tires replaced. They're more than 2 years old and almost 50000km. Expensive: 4000 Baht each.
- Beer gardens are open around Bangkok. My favorite place is Heineken's at J-Avenue, Thonglor. It's not crowded, not too loud, and plays some jazz in early evening. The live band which played old Thai pop wasn't good though.
- Early next month I'll go on a road trip to Luang Prabang with friends. We'll drive from Bangkok to Vang Vieng through Udon Thani, Vientiane, and Luang Prabang. See our schedule (in Thai).